Rinocchio and TFHE

Hi, I’m trying to implement Rinocchio in Rust, and would like to know if there’s any resources for combination of TFHE and Rinocchio, and also about the compatibility of TFHE-rs with Rinocchio. Can someone please give me some directions?
Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I am not aware of specific resouces for the combination TFHE/Rinocchio. As for the compatibility, Rinocchio is well-suited to leveled BGV/BFV-like schemes but should be more expensive for TFHE due to many non-arithmetic operations (e.g. gadget decompositions) and the use of functional circuits (i.e., combination of PBSs + leveled ops), as opposed to arithmetic/Boolean circuits. This is not specific to its use for TFHE but Rinocchio has the constraint of a non-transparent setup (a structured CRS) and it is designated-verifier (i.e., verification requires a secret key).

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply. I’m still learning about TFHE and, while reading the paper, I noticed some similarities on the Torus encoding described in both technologies. However, I’m still a novice when it comes to FHEs. Are there any ZKPs more suited for TFHE in the literature?
Thanks again :slight_smile: